In order to edit this wiki, you must register and verify your account.
Cemu's Multicore Recompiler was introduced in Cemu 1.11.3 and is is part of Cemu's CPU Mode setting which tells Cemu how many physical CPU cores/threads to use while emulating the three Wii U CPU cores. The default and most stable setting for this option is SingleCore-Recompiler.
Feel free to add or edit games on these lists as games status changes and cemu grows.
There are four different modes you can choose from.
- SingleCore-Interpreter: This setting uses one CPU core/thread to emulate the Wii U's 3 CPU cores while being very accurate. Because of this it is very slow and should only be used for debugging and testing reasons.
- SingleCore-Recompiler: This setting also uses one CPU core/thread to emulate the Wii U's 3 CPU cores. It is less accurate but is much faster and still stable. It is cemus default option and some games need this to not crash at some points or even boot.
- DualCore-Recompiler: This setting uses two CPU cores/threads to emulate the Wii U's 3 CPU cores. By doing this it is currently less accurate as the feature is still experimental, however it is also significantly faster than Singlecore-Recompiler in some games. It can cause issues in some games such as not booting, or crashing at some points. You need a 4 core/thread CPU in order to run this option without performance loss.
- TripleCore-Recompiler: This setting uses 3 CPU cores/threads to emulate all Wii U CPU cores. It is the fastest of the options but also the most unstable, it has the same properties as Dualcore-Recompiler however you will need a 6 core/thread CPU to run this option without performance loss.
CPU Usage Percentage
This chart shows the approximate CPU usage percentage you will see while running any given CPU mode.
- This is the percent CEMU will use, this does not include any background task or OS usage, expect these to very up or down about 25% depending on game or game area.
|CPU Mode||Dualcore/ 4 threads||Quadcore/ 8 threads||Hexcore/ 12 Threads||Octacore/ 16 threads|
|SingleCore-Interpreter||100% / 75%||75% / 37%||50% / 25%||37% / 18%|
|SingleCore-Recompiler||100% / 75%||75% / 37%||50% / 25%||37% / 18%|
|DualCore-Recompiler||X / 100%||100% / 50%||75% / 33%||50% / 25%|
|TripleCore-Recompiler||X / X||X / 62%||83% / 41%||62% / 31%|
- X = Not compatible/Do not use
Multicore Recompiler Compatible Games
These are games that have been tested to work with Dualcore and Triplecore-Recompler settings and not crash or have any known issues, they are in no particular order.
|Game Name||Performance gain|
|Zelda: Breath of the wild||Great|
|NES Remix 1 & NES Remix 2||Some*|
|Zelda: Wind Waker HD||None|
|Bayonetta 2||More Stable*|
|Darksiders Warmastered Edition||Great|
|Octodad: Dadliest Catch||Great|
|Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty!||Great|
|Star Fox Zero||Great|
- *Needs more testing
Games with Issues
These games boot and run with Multicore Recompiler, but have issues such as glitches, graphical issues or crashes.
|Game Name||Performance Gain||Issue|
|Hyrule Warriors||Great*||Crashes after the end of any mission|
|Mario Kart 8||Some*||Crashes after the end of any race|
|NBA 2K13||Great||Pending graphics issues*|
|The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth||None*||Many graphical issues|
- *Needs more testing