In order to edit this wiki, you must register and verify your account.
Wii U Menu
|Wii U Menu
|JP December 8, 2012
NA November 18, 2012
PAL November 30, 2012
|Single-Player, Multiplayer (5)
|GamePad, Wii Remote, Wii Remote + Nunchuk, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, Pro Controller
The Wii U Menu is the main dashboard of the Wii U, acting as an application organizer and launcher. It is a graphical shell similar to the Wii's Wii Menu and Nintendo 3DS HOME Menu. It allows launching software stored on Wii U optical discs, applications installed in the internal memory or an external storage device, or Wii titles through the system's "Wii Mode".
- Cemu can't launch system applets from the Wii U Menu.
- Sometimes some software can't be launched and results in error code: 199-9999. This seems to affect software that doesn't have update data installed.
- The user Mii image is missing.
- Many options from the user settings can't be changed.
Required system files
Cemu can run the Wii U Menu as a game launcher as of Cemu version 2.0-45. Additionally some system files are required.
- If the proper system files are not installed into the mlc01 folder of Cemu, the game will simply crash or output an error code upon loading the title's executable (men.rpx). The required files to get the Main Menu working properly can be dumped from the user's Wii U. It is recommended that you do a full system mlc dump to prevent any unexpected issues in the future. Go to this page: Cemu Guide - Using Dumpling for a guide on how to dump files from a Wii U.
- Some system libraries from the Wii U SLC are required. These libraies are the nn_sl.rpl and drmapp.rpl libraries. For a guide on how to dump these files from your Wii U system, visit the Cemu System RPL Files site.